The Australian Bakery Cafe is looking for team members in Marietta:
- Bakers Assistant
As a Baker’s Assistant, you will receive on-going training and development, and the opportunity to work as part of a winning team in a fun, busy and supportive environment.
The successful candidate must be available for starts as early as 7 am and must be available to work a variety of shifts across a seven-day roster.
Weekend and public holiday work will be required.
Your key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the production of great tasting breads, pastries and sweets
- Working with a Master Baker to ensure a high standard of the product quality and range is achieved
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to ensure product is delivered on time to meet customer demands
- Achieving a high standard of personal cleanliness
- Insuring that the BOH is clean and ready for the next day by end of shift, dishes cleaned, ingredients put away and off the floor.
- Supporting other team members and fostering good working relationships
- Baking and presenting quality product to meet changing customer needs
- Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the bakery
- Assisting the Master Baker with stock control and labeling.
- Learning new skills and products
- Providing delightful customer service when required
- Insuring that the BOH is clean and ready for the next day by end of shift.
At Australian Bakery Cafe we love making great tasting, fresh out of the oven food and most of all making our customers happy. We are also passionate about bringing out the best in the people who work for us.
If you are passionate about people and about food, we would love to hear from you.
To be considered for this role, you will need to:
- Have a passion for baking
- Be a morning person! Shift commences from 7 am
- Have a positive attitude and thrive in a team environment
- Have basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Open to all ages
- Be reliable and committed to the role
- Be prepared to work hard and get your hands dirty
- Have reliable transport and a good alarm
- Be able to lift 60lbs
Bakers Assistant duties are performed primarily in the Bakery department. Bakers Assistant may be exposed to various temperature changes and work environments. Work includes walking, standing, lifting and carrying products weighing up to 60 pounds, eye-hand coordination and interaction with customers and associates.
Please email your resume to email@example.com or bring your resume into the bakery.